India eVisa Photo Requirements
All the details and information that you need to know about the photograph requirements, photograph specification for Indian eVisa, for Tourism, Business and India Medical Visa Categories is available here.
The e-Visa for India can be obtained very easily if you meet all the eligibility conditions and document requirements set out by the Indian Government for the same. One of the documents required to be submitted in the application is a soft copy of a passport style photograph of the visitor’s face. This face photograph of the visitor is required in the application of all Indian e-Visas, no matter whether you are applying for the Tourist e-Visa for India, the Business e-Visa for India, the Medical e-Visa for India, or the Medical Attendant e-Visa for India, all of them require you to upload a passport style photo of your face while applying for them online. This guide will help you figure out all of the India Visa photo requirements. Once you know all the Indian Visa photo requirements you can easily apply for the Indian e-Visa online and that too without having to visit the local Indian Embassy in your country in order to procure the Indian e-Visa.
How to take the face photograph to meet the India Visa photo requirements?
Visitors applying for the Indian Visa need a passport style photograph of their face which can be clicked with a phone. There is no need to go to a professional photographer to get it clicked which would have been necessary had the application process not been online and had the visitor been applying for the traditional paper Visa. But for e-Visa you can just upload a photo clicked on a phone as long as it meets the Indian Visa photo requirements. However, you cannot click a photo of or scan the photograph that is there on your current passport. You have to upload a separate passport style photo of your face.
The major India Visa photo requirements:
The visitor applying for the Indian e-Visa needs to make sure the face photograph that they upload on their Visa application meets the following Indian Visa photo requirements:
- The photo needs to be passport style.
- The photo needs to be clear and not blurry and it should clearly identify the visitor with the entirety of their face and its features, hair, and any marks on the skin visible in the photo. If the visitor wears a turban, head scarf, Hijab, burqua, or any other head covering due to religious reasons, they just need to make sure the head covering does not hide their face, chin, and hairline. The visitor should be easily identified from the photo which the Immigration Officer on the border would do.
- The photo needs to be at least 350 pixel by 350 pixel in height and width. It needs to be at least this size. And the visitor’s face should cover 50-60% area in the photo and be in the middle of the frame. Ears, necks, and shoulders should also be visible except in the case of head coverings worn for religious reasons.
- The default India Visa passport photo size is 1 Mb or 1 Megabyte, which means that the photo of your face that you upload on your Indian Visa application cannot be more than 1 Mb. You can check whether the size of your photo meets the India Visa passport photo size required by the Visa application on your computer or PC by right clicking on the picture, clicking on Properties, and checking the Size in the General tab in the window that opens up.
- Do not wear any accessories such as hats or sunshades in the photo. You can wear your glasses or spectacles in the photo that you upload but ideally you should upload a photo without them so that there is no reflection on your eyes or the flash does not conceal your eyes. Otherwise you might be asked to re-upload the photo and there is a possibility that your application might be rejected on the Immigration Officers’ discretion. But if you do decide to wear your glasses or spectacles, however, make sure there is no glare or reflection on them as your eyes should be clearly visible in the photograph.
- The face photograph should be taken in the Portrait mode rather than in the Landscape mode, the light in the photo should be uniform and there should be no dark shadows, the colour of the photograph should be normal without any coloured tones, and you shouldn’t use any editing software on the photo.
- The background in the photo should be plain and simple and the clothes that you wear in the photograph should also be plain without any complex patterns or bold colours.
- The photo should not have anyone else in the background.
- The view of your face should be frontal view, not the side view or profile view, and your eyes should be completely open in the photo, not even half shut, and mouth closed. Make sure your hair is tucked back and all features of your face are clearly visible.
- The soft copy of this face photograph that you upload should be a JPG, PNG, or PDF file.
If you meet all of these Indian Visa photo requirements, and meet other eligibility conditions as well as have the other required documents then quite easily apply for the Indian Visa whose India Visa Application Form is quite simple and straightforward. You shouldn’t find any difficulties in applying and getting the Indian Visa. If, however, you have any more doubts about the India Visa photo requirements or the India Visa passport photo size and need any help with the same or require any other clarifications you should India e Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.